Sunday 23 September 2007

Malaga Spain

I did more running through the airport today... evidently I don't have a knack for being near my actual terminal.


Needless to say, I got on the plane and arrived in Malaga without incident. I thought I was just a few minutes from my hotel, which looked very nice on the web site.


I get in the Taxi line, and hop in a cab fairly quickly. I give him my destination, and when he calls in for directions... I get a little worried. After a few minutes I use my great Spanish (not) and say "Quantas Questes para una 'ride' a mi hotel'?" He proceeds to tell me it's a $105 Euros, which is about $140 American!!! I gulp, and start to panic a bit... but I wasn't sure how else I would get there. Finally I come to terms, and I try to use my Spanish to talk some more... this is the first time I felt somewhat confident I could carry on a conversation.


The cab ride went well, and he would talk, and I would try and make sense of it. He got really excited at one point, telling me that my hotel was next to a nude beach. At first I thought he said he was going to take his clothes off and jump in the water... then I caught on.


My hotel is gorgeous... right on the coast of Spain... it is a sight to behold... but again... what is beauty when you cannot share it. As I sit on the balcony at dinner sipping wine, overlooking the ocean by moonlight, I can't help but miss my wife, my kids, my family... if only they could be with me... then that would indeed be a beautiful night.


I sit on my balcony listening to the waves crash onthe shore, sipping my wine, and watching the Seahawks play-by-play webcast on the internet as I update this blog... now i am up to date... let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: