Monday 17 September 2007

And I'm Off

I thought I'd put this little blog together because the thought of me traveling by myself around Europe sounds like it may be fairly amusing... if not... oh well.

I left the house via towncar yesterday just as the Seahawks gave the game away... sigh... to Arizona none the less. The driver was a little 'speedy' as he took the streets of Duvall at 40+ MPH, well over the posted 25 (tsk tsk)... of course those of you that know me really well know that this does not do well for my motion sickness... so I closed my eyes and slept the whole way.

I arrived at the airport, and there were no lines, just straight through everything in a mere matter of minutes... that was unexpected. Add my flight being delayed an hour and we have a good 2.5 hours to spend at the airport.

Well, since I was on British Airways in business class, I got to use their lounge, which provided me a chance to get some work done while watching Sunday night football and enjoying some free beverages... pretty nice. Though they charge for their internet access... which is kind of cheesy.

Getting on the plane I had a pleasant surprise... the business class seats are very nice and fully recline to beds. They each have their own TVs, and the seat is actually kind of like in it's own cubicle... pretty posh.... it will be hard to get back to normal flying after this.

The trip was fairly quick, as I watched a couple TV shows and Oceans Thirteen, and then slept for about 4 hours. so the 8 hour journey went by fairly quickly.

I arrived in London's Heathrow airport around noon, and walked for what seemed like a mile and a half through concourses. then I boarded a bus to take me to another terminal for my connecting flight to Italy. WOW... deoderant really should not be optional... I had a hard time with the smell.... just not used to that much BO in one place.

After going through England's customs, I then sat around for an hour waiting for someone to come to the Air Italia desk... the wait was long... but the people watching was interesting.

I navigated my way through the airport and found a little sandwich shop, and a wireless network that I could connect to for some $$$. So I hopped on to do some work e-mails, and then write up this blog real quick. While I type this there is a French lady behind me coughing up a lung... it is pretty disgusting but I am powering through it so I can get my message out to my peeps.

Until later.... Ciao

1 comment:

Gittar said...

Nice first entry... I feel your pain on the oder front with Europeans. Au Natural is not Au pretty!